CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Better Late then Never (:

Miracles do happen. Here is our family newsletter. Hope it finds you happy, healthy and doing great. (:

This past year 2008 flew by. Not only can I not believe it is a new year but already almost half way through January 2009.

The kids are doing great and growing like weeds. What a change from the beginning of 2008 to the end of 2008.

Adam-man: Turns 7 January 10th. Adam is my little brain. If ever I am in the wrong nothing like your eldest making sure you know it. (Smile) Adam loves to learn and experiment with things. Adam use to want to be an astronaut or pilot, but now he wants to be a Myth Buster (: smile. That’s my Adam.

Emma-girl: 5 till August then the big 6 this year. Emma is our little princess. She loves to dress up and help out around the house. Emma is our little artist as well. Give her some paper, crayons or markers and she will draw and color you the most wonderful and heart felt picture you ever did see. She loves giving her master pieces to everyone, and does it with a big smile (: smile. Emma loves babies and has been great with her little brothers. It is so sweet to hear her say to the twins when they are crying; ‘its ok sweetheart” as she helps them out.

Super Seth: 3 till May and then 4. What do I say about my Seth man? He is all boy with a gentle and loving heart. He will beat you up wrestle you down and flex his muscles, but he will also hug you and make sure you are ok too. Seth loves to help me in the kitchen. I think really anything that could get him messy (: smile. Seth loves life to the fullest and runs the throttle as such. Seth will leave a mark on your heart if not anywhere else. (:

Michael-man: Almost 20 months and will be 2 in May. Michael is the bigger of the twins. He loves the great outdoors and animals. Loves to talk and keep busy. Michael has a great love for life and adventure. No fear. I love watching him and Matthew grow on their own and together. Loves getting down and dirty and giving hugs and kisses. That’s by big boy Michael. (: smile.

Matthew-man: Almost 20 months and will also be 2 in May. That is a busy month for us (: Matthew may be the smaller of the twins but he sure is feistier. Matthew loves being outside and getting into anything his brother is getting into. Love animals especially “puppy”. Matthew is his own man. He might have come here with his big brother Michael but don’t mistaken that he is his own. (:

Josh: Is The Man. 2008 has been a pretty busy year for Josh in the US Army. Josh is gone a lot and working hard to provide for his wonderful wife and kids. (Josh’s words-smile) Josh had a moment to breath and went to jump school before our move to Fort Hood TX. That was a wonderful and exhilarating experience that not too many in his position (JAG) get to do. When Josh isn’t working he loves spending his time with his 5 wonderful kids and his wonderful wife (me-smile).

This upcoming year will be a different one as Josh will be deploying to Iraq for 15 months. He will be greatly missed and kept greatly in our prayers.

Last but not least me. Well I guess I have been a success this year as I am still at home and not institutionalized(: I guess I shouldn’t really joke about that but sometimes I wonder(: No but joking set aside, it has been a year of growth and learning all the way around. My wonderful kids keep me hopping and very busy and seeing things in different eyes. As crazy as our house may get from time to time the wonders and excitement is always there. When it all calms down the love, kisses and hugs are the icing on the cake (the good kind that doesn’t add calories-smile). I am constantly amazed by our kids, my husband and the experiences we can make it through together. I know that the Lord is with us in all things. He answers our prayers. He won’t give us more then we can handle, even though at times I truly wonder. I am grateful for my family. I love them so much and only want the best for them. I am grateful for Josh and all that he does for us.
This is a new year and will be full of new experiences, surprise and most of all memories. May the memories all be great ones.

7 comments:

Mama Smith said...

Loved your over-view of 2008...NOW, PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!! (smile)

Marvin and Brenda Henry said...

It's great to hear how everyone is doing. I can't wait to see your pictures. I can't believe Matthew and Michael are going to be 2! Time sure does fly. We really need to catch up. I'll try giving you a call Tuesday or Wednseday. I sure do miss you!!! =)Love you!!!!!

hjsmith said...

Silly to say but I havent figured out how to put pictures on. I stayed up really late trying to figure it out. Then I cut and pasted a bunch to word thinking I could paste it here...when I figure it out I will post a bunch. I am not too pround for help or ideas.(:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

LOL, call me if you want help with the pictures!! Its super easy!

Jenny said...

I hope i can come up with a name for a blog so that I can start writing cool things on it like you do.Sounds like a trip with everyone's personalities ;0) Love Ya

Rebecca said...

Holly, it was great to hear how your little fam is doing. So fun to see pictures of your summer adventures.

Best of blessings with the deployment. You have such strong faith that will elicit the powers of heaven.

Say hi to the kids--if they remember me. :)

Garvin Smith said...

Thank you for your update. I am well-pleased with my family and the extensions and additions, and even the multiplications! (twins).